Welcome to PLUTO, the Pacific Library User Tutorial Online.
This tutorial will introduce students to an introductory research process and offer guidance in using library resources. The tutorial will show students how to:
1. Draft and refine an appropriate research topic in order to develop a research question/statement.
2. Identify keywords and synonyms for researching a topic in order to perform successful database searches.
3. Identify and use appropriate databases for researching the topic in order to find relevant sources.
4. Use credible and appropriate sources in order to support the research product.
5. Correctly and consistently cite sources in the text and bibliography of the research paper in order to demonstrate ethical use of information and avoid plagiarism.