This guide is a starting point for an exploration of the U.S. legal system and some of the major social and political issues that it addresses. Use it to connect with books, articles and web pages that can help with your research topic(s).
* National Criminal Justice Reference Service: selected full text articles from Federal, State, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, and unpublished research.
* Supreme Court of the United States: official website of the United States Supreme Court, includes history, biographies of justices, etc.
* U.S. Courts: links to federal courts, links to publications and glossary of legal terms.
* Cornell Law School Legal Information Institute: Provides access to federal and state cases, statutes and regulations.
* FedStats: Statistics from over 100 government agencies. Search by topic, geographic area, and more.