About the "IC"
The Information Commons (or "IC") offers both reference and technical support for students, staff and faculty of the university.
- Reference Librarians are available to help with PacifiCat, the electronic catalog, as well as online databases and journals. Visit them in person or chat with them online!
- IC Assistants are available during library open hours to help with technical support questions.
This guide describes computing and printing solutions available to Pacific's students, staff and faculty in the Information Commons.
Computers are available to current students, staff and faculty of the University. To login, simply use your PacificNet ID & password.
Forgot your login information?
New students: Go to https://insidepacific.pacific.edu and go to "Admitted Students - click here for assistance logging in."
Returning students: Go to http://locksmith.pacific.edu
Don't remember your security questions? Visit the Office of Information Technology, located at the Raymond Great Hall (see "G4" on the map). Remember to bring your picture ID!
Available Software - Windows XP
The following software is available in the Information Commons, Classrooms, Group Study Rooms & library laptops, unless specified otherwise.
Microsoft Office 2007 Pro Plus
- includes Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word
Disc Creation Software
- Roxio Creator 9.0 DE (available in IC & laptops)
- Google Earth (available in IC & laptops)
(available in IC & laptops)
- Yahoo Messenger
- Windows Live Messenger
- iTunes w/Quicktime
- Real Player
- Windows Media Player 11
- Cyberlink PowerDVD (DVD viewing available in IC, Classroom 1 & laptops)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- PDF Creator
- Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0 (available on scanner workstations)
Social Networking Software
- Second Life (available in IC & laptops)
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- PASW 18 (aka SPSS)
- SciFinder Scholar 2007
- Windows Journal Viewer
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 (available on scanner workstations)
- Capital IQ (access available on select computers - see "Map of Specialized Software" below)
- Matlab, Minitab, Maple (available on select computers - see "Map of Specialized Software" below)
- Media software available in our Multimedia Studio.